- Generic Equivalent to Zetia 10mgManufactured by Lupin PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $11.52
- Generic Equivalent to Zetia 10mg (Ezedoc Mfg by Hetero labs limited)Manufactured by N/AShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $20.68
Zetia (Ezetimibe): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Cholesterol Care: Zetia (Ezetimibe)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Zetia is Ezetimibe.
Drug Information: Zetia is the trade name for medication, Ezetimibe. Zetia is a prescription drug indicated in the treatment of high cholesterol by restraining the absorption of cholesterol in the body. It constituted a part of a holistic approach to reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol, including healthy diet and exercise.
How does Zetia work?
Ezetimibe belongs to a class of drugs called cholesterol absorption inhibitors. The active medicament is thought to work by lowering the cholesterol levels by reducing the body’s capacity to absorb cholesterol from gastrointestinal tract. Zetia lowers cholesterol in a diverse way as compared to statins, which act majorly with the liver to assist in lowering LDL, or bad cholesterol levels. Zetia aids in inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol from the food products you have. Lowering cholesterol lowers the risk of heart ailments, stroke, as well as other heart-related health problems. Zetia is available in a 10-milligram oral tablet.
You must take one tablet via oral route once a day. The medication can be taken with or without food. It must be taken as prescribed and do not take more medicine that you need to.
In case of missed dose:
If, for any reason, you miss out taking a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next tablet, you can miss out the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
Zetia can result in side effects such as:
- Joint pain
- Feeling fatigued
- Allergic reactions
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing, muscle aches
Call your doctor right away if any of these trouble or become worse.
- Avoid taking this drug in combination with a steroidal or hormonal pill (including birth control), as the drug may hinder Zetia's efficacy.
- Do not take a blood thinner or immunosuppressant medicine, which can pose a negative interaction with Zetia.
- It’s important to carry on with this medication until otherwise directed by your healthcare provider. Plan on some regular blood tests in order to determine the levels of cholesterol in your blood. Zetia can be taken alone or with another cholesterol drug.
- Tell your physician if you are pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant. Zetia must not be taken if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as this can severely harm your unborn baby.
- Zetia must not be taken if you are allergic to Ezetimibe, the active ingredient in Zetia, or any other excipients in the drug.
- If you are having or having a history of any active liver disease, do not take Zetia while taking cholesterol-lowering medications like statins.
- Tell your physician whether you are experiencing any kidney disease or thyroid disease prior to starting the treatment with Zetia.