Thank you for visiting MedsEngage.com™. We respect your individual privacy and value your confidence in us. We hold the privacy of your medical and personal information in the highest regard thus safeguarding it is a matter of the utmost importance. You should know we are committed to meeting and exceeding the data privacy standards established by applicable Canadian law i.e. Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). As a part of this commitment to protecting our customer’s privacy, we have determined and implemented 10 privacy parameters to govern our actions.
The Privacy Parameters are as follows:
- Parameter 1 -Accountability: We hold the responsibility of maintaining and protecting personal and medical information under our control. In compliance with PIPEDA law, we have designated one person accountable for MedsEngage.com™ to ensure everything falls under privacy parameters.
- Parameter 2 -Identifying purposes: We shall identify the purpose for which personal information is collected at or prior to the time of collection from the customer or the customer’s authorized person.
- Parameter 3 - Consent: The customer knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information except where the collection, use, and disclosure is needed and permitted by applicable law.
- Parameter 4 - Limiting Collection: The personal details collected will be limited and necessary to the purpose as identified by MedsEngage.com™. All the information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Parameter 5 - Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: The customer’s personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose it is collected unless consented by the customer or permitted and applicable by the law. Personal information will only be retained for the period of time it is required to fulfill professional or legal liabilities.
- Parameter 6 - Accuracy: MedsEngage.com™ must maintain personal information in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected and to be used.
- Parameter 7 - Safeguarding Personal Information: Personal information at MedsEngage.com™ is protected by security technologies and safeguards against unauthorized access and misuse that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the collected information.
- Parameter 9 -Customer Access: Upon request and with reasonable justification customer should be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to it. Customers should be able to verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and may request that it be amended if required.
- Parameter 10 -Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions: Customers may direct their questions or enquires with respect to the Privacy parameters or about our practices by contacting the designated person accountable for privacy at MedsEngage.com™ or email us at email@example.com.
The Information we collect?
We collect and uses only such information that is necessary for providing our services and fulfilling your orders. It typically includes the following personal information:
Name, Mailing address, E-mail address,Telephone numbers, Occupation, Employment status, Referral source,The name of your primary physician and his or her contact information, Age, Height, Weight, Sex, Date of birth, The existence and types of drug allergies, Medications requested, Your personal medical history information, Details of your existing medications,
Credit card information (including card type and number, expiry date, and the name of the cardholder, Banking information (including transit and account numbers) Prescription information.
How we use the information?
We collect, use and disclose personal information to serve you better. We also use this information to improve our services, prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. We may provide your personal information to an affiliated company, a licensed pharmacy or to a prescribing physician in order to fulfill your prescription.
1. We use your personal information to communicate with you, enhance your visit to our website, allow processing of your prescription orders and effectively provide the products and services you have requested.
2. In some instances such as legal proceedings or court orders, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we will take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities who are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
3. We will not rent, sell, or give away your personally identifiable medical information to anyone for marketing purposes. We will only use and share personally identifiable medical information for specifically requested transactions and for those purposes required or permitted by law.
4. We share information where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to collect a delinquent account, a medical emergency or suspicion of illegal activities.
5. All employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
6. All safety and security measures are also appropriate to the sensitivity level of your information. Electronic client files are kept in a secure environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in restricted access areas.
7. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Medsengage.com.
8. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
How you can access and correct your information?
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain it by calling, emailing or logging into your account online. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows an error.
How to contact us?
Customers may direct any questions or enquire with respect to our practices or your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer, as follows:firstname.lastname@example.org Facsimile No. (TOLL-FREE) 1-800-986-4714 Place An Order Online Set Up An Online Account