- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO PROZAC 20mgManufactured by Intas PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $6.35
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO PROZAC 40mgManufactured by Intas PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $14.92
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO PROZAC 10mgManufactured by Intas PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $5.11
- Generic equivalent to Prozac 20mg (Product from UK)Manufactured by UK Generic MfgShipped from United KingdomValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $18.97
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO PROZAC 60mgManufactured by Intas PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $86.81
Prozac (Fluoxetine): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Antidepressant: Prozac (Fluoxetine).
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient in this medicine includes Fluoxetine.
Drug Information: This antidepressant medication belongs to a drug class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It is used to treat panic attacks, depression, bulimia, obsessive compulsive disorder and a severe form of premenstrual syndrome. Prozac is also helpful in boosting mood, sleep, appetite and energy level to perform daily activities with interest. Moreover, it can be taken by patients for decreasing fear, anxiety and urge to carry out repeated tasks.
How should I use Prozac (Fluoxetine)?
Consume this medicine by mouth, as asked by your doctor. Your medical condition and response to treatment are the factors in deciding dosage. Depending on it, your doctor can ask you to take this medication once or twice a day.
In case, you are taking Fluoxetine for premenstrual problems, he/she may ask you to take it every month of the day or just for two weeks prior to your periods.
It is important to follow your doctor’s advice before increasing, decreasing or stopping the medication; otherwise some conditions may become worse
Overdose: Call a poison control center promptly in case you have overdosed Prozac and feeling some side effects. Please note that do not share this medication with others as it is prescribed to you based on your medical condition.
What if I miss a dose?
Take your missed dose the time you remember about it. In case, you are taking this medication twice a day, skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
What may interact with Prozac (Fluoxetine)?
Make a list of all the products you use including prescription/non-prescription drugs and herbal products to keep your doctor informed about it. Fluoxetine stay in the body for several weeks even after stopping the medication. Therefore, extra care needs to be taken.
Some of the medications that can interact with Prozac include flecainide, imipramine, clopidogrel, ibuprofen, warfarin, isocarboxazid, linezolid, moclobemide, phenelzine, rasagiline, safinamide, citalopram, venlafaxine, among others.
Above list does not comprise all possible drug interaction. Therefore, seeking medical advice is necessary before taking any drug or starting new course of treatment.
What side effects may I notice from receiving Prozac (Fluoxetine)?
Prozac may have some side effects; call your doctor right away if any of these gets worse:
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Mood changes
- Easy bruising/Bleeding
- Muscle weakness
- Decreased interest in sex
- Unusual weight loss
- Changes in sexual ability
- Vision changes, etc.
If you feel anything unusual, ask your doctor immediately.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before I take Prozac?
Tell your doctor about allergies (if you have any) and medical history of any disease. Also, inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.