- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO LEXAPRO 10mgManufactured by Cipla LimitedShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $8.02
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO LEXAPRO 20mgManufactured by Cipla LimitedShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $13.19
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO LEXAPRO 5mgManufactured by Cipla LimitedShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $6.63
Lexapro (Escitalopram): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Antidepressants: Lexapro (Escitalopram)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Lexapro is Escitalopram.
Why Lexapro Medication is Prescribed?
This medicine is recommended for those who suffer from depression or Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Lexapro helped by increasing the amount of serotonin in brain, a natural substance that helps maintain a healthy mental balance.
How Should Lexapro be Used?
Lexapro (Escitalopram) come is tablet and liquid form, and it can be taken by mouth once is a day with or without food. Take this medicine around the same time either in morning or evening so as to remember the dose.
What Should I do if I Forget a Dose?
Try and take the medicine regularly, however, if forgotten a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Avoid taking a missed dose if it is time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of Lexapro.
What Side Effects can Lexapro Cause?
Taking Lexapro (Escitalopram) may have mild to severe side-effects such as:
- Changes in sex drive
- Stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Unusual excitement
- Dry mouth
- Irregular heartbeat
- Drowsiness or hallucination
- Before starting the medicine, discuss your allergies with the doctor. In case you are on any other medication or you are taking any vitamin supplements or herbal or nutritional products, inform your doctor.
- Also inform your doctor if you have recently had a heart attack. Any history of seizures or liver, kidney, thyroid or heart disease should also be shared beforehand. If you have planned a surgery, including dental tell the doctor.
- Lastly, if you are in the later months of your pregnancy, or are breastfeeding or you are planning to get pregnant, tell your doctor beforehand.