- Brand Nexium 20mgManufactured by AstrazanacaShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $12.56
- Brand NEXIUM 40mgManufactured by AstrazenacaShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $17.51
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO NEXIUM 20mgManufactured by Sun PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $5.62
- Generic Equivalent To NEXIUM 40mgManufactured by Sun PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $11.70
Nexium (Esmoprazole): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Anti-Ulcer/Gastrointestinal: Nexium (Esmoprazole)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Nexium is Esmoprazole.
Drug Information: Nexium is the trade name for medication, Esmoprazole. It is a trustworthy treatment for stomach problems such as heartburn, acid reflux, and indigestion.
How does Nexium work?
Esmoprazole belongs to a class of drugs named as proton pump inhibitors. Nexium is thought to ease the recurrent signs of stomach problems by suppressing the production of acid in the stomach for duration of up to 72 hours.
Directions for use:
Omeprazole must be taken once on a daily basis. Swallow the capsule whole with glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the capsule. You can take it with or without food. Many prefer to take Nexium capsule one hour before eating, such that they won’t have problem of heartburn during or after that meal. Omeprazole begins to exert its positive effect within one hour. In severe cases, you may be recommended to take two capsules per day. If the problem of acid reflux is severe, your consultant may recommend other treatments to manage the reasons behind your acid reflux more directly.
In case of missed dose:
If, for any reason, you miss out taking a dose of this capsule, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next capsule, you can miss out the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
Not every person will experience side effects while using Nexium tablet. On the other hand, if you experience, these may include:
- Digestion issues (such as stomach pain, constipation, or loose stools)
- Nausea and vomiting
If you are worried concerning these effects, or if the medication influences you in any other way, you must stop the use and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Inform your physician if you plan on taking Nexium tablet while taking any of the following drugs:
- Antifungal medicines (Voriconazole, Ketoconazole, Itraconazole)
- HIV medicines (Atazanavir, Saquinavir)
- Antiepileptics (for instance, Diazepam, Phenytoin)
- St John's wort
- Vitamin K blockers (Warfarin)
What are the safety measures to be implemented while taking Nexium tablet?
This medicine is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Nexium capsules are not suitable for you if you are hypersensitive to Omeprazole or any of its ingredients, or are allergic to any other proton pump inhibiting drugs (such as Lansoprazole, Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole, or Esomeprazole).
- Avoid the intake of Omeprazole if you are also consuming any HIV medicines, which comprise of Nelfinavir.
- If you develop stomach pain or indigestion while taking this medication, then stop using it.
- If you have or ever had liver diseases, then Omeprazole is not right for you.
- If you notice an abrupt loss in weight, then avoid the use of Nexium tablet.