- Brand JANUVIA 100mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $35.75
- Brand Januvia 100mg (Product from UK)Manufactured by Merck & Co.Shipped from United KingdomValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $91.88
- Brand Januvia 25mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $31.29
- Brand JANUVIA 50mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $28.65
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO JANUVIA 100mgManufactured by Sun PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $33.10
- GENERIC EQUIVALENT TO JANUVIA 50mgManufactured by Sun PharmaceuticalsShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $39.51
Januvia (Sitagliptin Phosphate): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Diabetes: Januvia (Sitagliptin Phosphate)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Januvia is Sitagliptin Phosphate.
Drug Information: Januvia is the trade name for medication, Sitagliptin Phosphate. Januvia is used by people to treat their type 2 diabetes. When high blood sugar levels get controlled, complications such as renal damage, blindness, nerve problems, and loss of movement get prevented. Also the risk of a heart attack or stroke gets lessened.
Mechanism of action:
Sitagliptin works by augmenting the levels of natural chemicals named as incretins. Incretins assist in controlling blood sugar by augmenting the release of insulin, particularly after a meal. They also lower the amount of sugar your liver manufactures.
Why Januvia Medication is Prescribed?
Those who have type 2 diabetes are prescribed Sitagliptin (Januvia). This medicine, along with proper diet and exercise aids in bringing the sugar level down. The medicine increases the content of natural substances which are effective in lowering the blood sugar level when up.
How to use Januvia?
Take Januvia 100mg orally with or without food, as instructed by your doctor, generally one time every day. The dosage of this medication depend your medical condition, kidney function, as well as the patient’s response. Take it is required to be taken every day at the same time. It is necessary to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
Do not take more or less dose of this medicine and stick to the dose prescribed by your doctor.
In case of missed dose:
If, for any reason, you miss out taking a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next tablet, you can miss out the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to compensate for a missed one.
What are the side effects associated with this drug?
Taking Sitagliptin (Januvia) has side effects such as:
- joint pain
- Sore throat and diarrhoea
However, immediately contact your doctor if you experience severe side effects such as problem in breathing, hives, swelling on throat, lips face or tongue and vomiting.
It is always important to talk about all the allergies you have and discuss the list of any OTC or prescription medications you take, such as herbal supplements and dietary or vitamin supplements, so as to avoid any drug interactions.
Januvia safety measures:
- If you have issues with your kidney, are on dialysis or suffering from pancreatitis, it is advisable to first consult your doctor first prior to taking sitagliptin.
- If you have a history of heart failure, then it is better to avoid its use.
- If you have stones in your gallbladder (gallstones), then this drug is not safe for you.
- You may experience serious dizziness after taking Sitagliptin, thus it is recommended not to drive, use machinery, or do anything demands your alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can carry out such activities safely.
- Also it is recommended to limit your intake of alcohol while taking Januvia as it can increase your risk of developing low blood sugar.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women must stay away from such medication as it is harmful for the infant.
- Avoid the consumption of tablet of Januvia if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Stop all the detrimental habits like smoking, which can make it more difficult for Januvia to work in effective manner.
If you take any prescription or non-prescription medicine or supplement, inform your doctor. Also tell your doctor in case you have any kind of allergies. Your doctor should know beforehand if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.