Onglyza (Saxagliptin): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Diabetes: Anti-Diabetes: Onglyza (Saxagliptin)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Onglyza is Saxagliptin.
Drug Information: Onglyza is the trade name for medication, Saxagliptin. It is indicated for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. This medicine lowers the raised levels of blood sugar.
Mechanism of action:
Onglyza works by controlling the levels of blood sugar. It exerts its effective action by regulating the insulin levels after eating. The drug is meant for patients suffering from type 2 diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
How to use this medication?
Take this tablet by mouth with a glass full of water. It must be taken with the evening meal. Take your drug at regular intervals and avoid taking it more often than directed. Special care must be required. Make sure to schedule your dose on the same time every day to avoid missing a dose.
What to do if you miss a dose of Onglyza?
If you miss a dose of Onglyza tablet, take it as soon as you can. If it is nearly the time for your subsequent dose, take only that dose. Avoid taking double or extra doses of this drug.
The common side effects include:
- Loose stools
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Sore throat as well as upset stomach.
Some severe side effects that you may notice include:
- Hypersensitive reactions such as skin rash
- Irritation or hives
- Inflammation on face, lips, or tongue
- Breathing issues
- Muscle or joint pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Sudden weight gain
- Unusual stomach pain
If any of these side effects get worse, then an immediate medical attention is required.
Do not take Onglyza tablet with any of the following drugs:
- Antiviral medications for HIV or hepatitis
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin
- Antifungal medications including ketoconazole
- Medications for blood pressure
- Drugs for heart problems
- Birth control pills
- Phenothiazines such as chlorpromazine
- Antiepileptics such as phenytoin
- Steroids such as prednisone or cortisone
- As well as thyroid medicines
Some safety tips have to be taken while taking this drug:
- Patients must limit the use of alcohol while on Onglyza tablet as alcohol may augment the risk of developing low blood sugar as well as pancreatic disorder.
- Patients about to undergo any surgical process or dental procedures must inform their physician or dentist of all drugs and supplements they are taking.
- It is most likely to experience some ill effects associated with low or high blood sugar while on this medicine, such as hazy vision, dizziness or drowsiness. In such instances, patients must not do harmful activities that demand attention such as driving, using machinery, or any other activity that demands your clear vision.
- Pregnant females must only take this drug when clearly needed. On top, pregnancy may result in or worsen diabetes. Patients must talk about the ways of managing blood sugar levels with their doctor.
- Patients should be monitored closely for loss of glucose control.
- Stress on the body, resulting from conditions such as infection, fever, injury or surgery, may make it more difficult to regular your levels of blood sugar. Patients must also consult their physician regarding possible changes in the treatment timetable.
Is it safe to buy Onglyza from a Online Pharmacy?
If you are looking to buy Onglyza or any prescription drugs from an Online Pharmacy in USA then you can order from a safe and accredited International pharmacy like MedsEngage, which contracts with Canadian Pharmacy and pharmacy in India. you requires a valid prescription for your prescription drugs.