- Brand JANUMET 50/1000mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $23.83
- Brand JANUMET 50/500mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $21.11
- Brand Janumet 50mg/1000mg (Product of UK)Manufactured by Product of UKShipped from United KingdomValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $77.80
- Brand JANUMET XR 100/1000mgManufactured by Merck Sharp & DhomeShipped from IndiaValid Prescription RequiredAs low as $59.45
Janumet (Metformin/Sitagliptin): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Diabetes: Janumet (Metformin/Sitagliptin)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredients present in Janumet are Metformin and Sitagliptin.
Drug Information: Janumet contains a unique combination of Sitagliptin and Metformin. It is an remarkable oral anti-diabetic medicine usually prescribed for type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps to control the raised blood sugar levels. Also, it increases the body’s response to insulin. But, Janumet (Metformin) does not help in the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
How Janumet works?
It is composed of a combination of Metformin as well as Sitagliptin, thus it is thought to work by two mechanisms of action:
- Metformin is a biguanide anti-diabetic drug and lowers the sugar which is formed by the liver and which is absorbed in the stomach or intestine.
- Sitagliptin falls under the class of anti-diabetic drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors. It is found to act by increasing the amount of insulin and decreasing the amount of glucagon produced by your body, which helps the body to reduce the level of sugar in your blood.
How to use Janumet?
The initial recommended dose is one tablet of Jnaumet three times daily just before each meal. The correct dosage and prescription commonly depend on the patient and the condition being treated. Take Janumet exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more or less than instructed by your physician. The overdose of this drug can have dangerous adverse effects like lactic acidosis (excessive accumulation of lactic acid in the body). The symptoms include difficulty breathing, slow heart rate, weakness, fatigue, feeling cold and muscle pain.
What to do if you miss a dose of Janumet?
If, by chance, you miss out taking a dose of this tablet, take it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it is roughly the time for your next dosage, you may omit the dose that you forgot taking. Never take two doses to make up for a skipped one.
Possible Janumet side effects:
Janumet shows side effects such as:
- Loss of appetite
- Sour mouth taste
- Loose stools (diarrhoea)
- Lactic acidosis (too much blood in the blood)
What are the drugs that interact with Janumet?
Janumet interacts with the following drugs and increases or decreases its own potency:
- Anti-epileptic medicines such as Phenytoin
- Antifungal drugs like Fluconazole
- NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen
- Anticoagulants such as Warfarin
- Antibiotics like Trimethoprim, Vancomycin
- Sulfa drugs such as Bactrim
- Diuretics like Furosemide
- Beta blockers like Atenolol
Some safety tips have to be taken while taking this drug:
- Care should be taken in patients with the history of liver and kidney disease, ketoacidosis (ketone bodies in urine), elderly.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Metformin, Sitagliptin or any other drugs of these classes.
- Also, it is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Patients should be monitored closely for loss of glucose control.
- Janumet must not be given to patients who has the problem of diabetic ketoacidosis (High levels of ketones in the blood).
Is it safe to buy Janumet from a Online Pharmacy?
If you are looking to buy Janumet or any prescription drugs from an Online Pharmacy in USA then you can order from a safe and accredited International pharmacy like MedsEngage, which contracts with Canadian Pharmacy and pharmacy in India. you requires a valid prescription for your prescription drugs.