Anafranil (Clomipramine): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Antidepressants: Anafranil (Clomipramine)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Anafranil is Clomipramine.
Drug Information: Anafranil is the trade name for medication, Clomipramine. Anafranil is a prescription antidepressant medication recommended to treat depression and, because of one of its side effects that result in drowsiness, can be useful for people with anxiety or agitation. All of these moods can hinder in your ability to tackle certain circumstances or to be capable of performing your work as well as daily tasks.
How does Anafranil work?
Anafranil is a tricyclic antidepressant and works by preventing certain neurotransmitters in your brain from being reabsorbed back into the nerve cells. These neurotransmitters, particularly serotonin as well as noradrenaline, afterwards helps in prolonging the effects of a light mood. This permits you to feel better and perform your everyday tasks, work, as well as activities that you once enjoyed.
The most recommended adult dosage is 25 to 150 mg per day. It comes as a tablet and capsule to be taken via oral route, with food.
In case of missed dose:
If you miss on taking your daily Anafranil dose, just take it the moment you remember and then take the next dose at a proper time, but do not take a double dose if you have totally missed to take one dose.
What are the side effects associated with Anafranil?
The most common side effects associated with this medication may include:
- Joint pain
- Constipation or diarrhoea
Which drugs are known to interact with Anafranil?
Let your doctor know about other medications which you are already having if you are planning to take Anafranil:
- Other antidepressants including MAO inhibitors such as phenelzine, selegiline and tranylcypromine
- Antihypertensives such as clonidine, guanethidine
- selegiline (a medicine used to treat Parkinson’s disease)
- Other mood changing medications such as fluoxetine or alprazolam
- Antiallergic medications
- cimetidine (a gastric medicine)
- Medications for heart problems such as digoxin, propafenone, flecainide, and quinidine
- Blood-thinners such as warfarin
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Contact your healthcare provider if you see any risks with taking Anafranil while you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are lactating your young one.
- Take care that your doctor is aware of other medical conditions or allergies you experience and make sure to talk about your prescription medications as well as OTC drugs you take, such as herbal remedies and dietary or vitamin supplements.
- Avoid heavy exposure to sunlight while taking this medication. Always wear protective clothing as well as a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 owing to possible sensitivity to sunlight while having Anafranil.
- It is recommended to constantly monitor your parameters while you’re taking Anafranil to look for worsening of depression signs or you are having thoughts about harming yourself. Avoid starting, stopping or modifying the dosage of any of your drugs without checking with your doctor first. Keep all the drugs out of children’s reach and never share with any person.
- Until you know how the medication would have an impact on you, do not drive, operate machinery, or carry out any task that needs you to be alert.
Is it safe to buy Anafranil from a Online Pharmacy?
If you are looking to buy Anafranil or any prescription drugs from an Online Pharmacy in USA then you can order from a safe and accredited International pharmacy like MedsEngage, which contracts with Canadian Pharmacy and pharmacy in India. you requires a valid prescription for your prescription drugs.