Sensipar (Cinacalcet): MEDICINE INFORMATION
Therapeutic Class: Parathyroid diseases: Sensipar (Cinacalcet)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Sensipar is Cinacalcet.
Drug Information: Sensipar is the trade name for medication, Cinacalcet. It is indicated in the treatment of patients with chronic kidney disorder who are on dialysis. Also can be used for treating high levels of calcium in the blood of patients with several parathyroid gland problems.
How does Sensipar work?
Cinacalcet exerts its activity by regulating the levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH), calcium as well as phosphorous in your body.
How to use this medicine?
The normal recommended initial dose for Sensipar in adults is 30 mg (one tablet) one time per day. This medicine must be taken exactly as your physician has told you. He or she will tell you how much Sensipar dose you must take. Remember to take it via oral route, with or shortly after food. The tablet must be taken as such, not to be chewed, crushed or divided.
In case of missed dose:
Avoid taking a double dose to make up for a missed dose. If you have skipped taking a dose of Sensipar, you must take your next dose as normal.
Like all drugs, Sensipar tablet may also result in certain side effects, even though not everybody gets them. Some common side effects of this medicine may include:
- Numbness or tingling feeling
- Loss of appetite
- Upper respiratory infection/li>
- Dizziness, headache, rash
- Seizures (convulsions or fits)
- Decreased testosterone levels
- Muscle pain (myalgia)
- Allergic reactions (hypersensitivity)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- High potassium levels in the blood (hyperkalemia)
What may interact with Sensipar?
Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking the following medications:
- Metoprolol used to treat high blood pressure
- Antidepressants such as amitriptyline, nortriptyline, clomipramine and desipramine
- Ritonavir, drugs for treating HIV infection and AIDS
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole and voriconazole, used to treat skin and fungal infections
- Flecainide and propafenone, used to treat changes in heart rate
- Medicines used to relieve cough (dextromethorphan)
- Telithromycin, rifampicin as well as ciprofloxacin, used to treat bacterial infections
What safety measures should be implemented while taking Sensipar tablet?
- Discuss with your physician before taking Sensipar tablet, if you are hypersensitive to cinacalcet or any of the other constituents of this drug.
- Do not take this medicine if you have a history of seizures (convulsions).
- Avoid the intake of Sensipar if you have or ever had heart failure, or if you ever experience an abnormally fast or throbbing heartbeat, or heart rhythm issues
- Patients with hepatic, renal or thyroid troubles must also stay away from the use of this drug.
- If you are pregnant or lactating your infant, then ask your physician for advice prior to the intake of this drug.
- Children below the age of 18 years with parathyroid cancer or primary hyperparathyroidism problems should not take Sensipar.
Is it safe to buy Sensipar from a Online Pharmacy?
If you are looking to buy Sensipar or any prescription drugs from an Online Pharmacy in USA then you can order from a safe and accredited International pharmacy like MedsEngage, which contracts with Canadian Pharmacy and pharmacy in India. you requires a valid prescription for your prescription drugs.