Benicar (Olmesartan Medoxomil)
Angiotensin II receptor blocker Benicar (olmesartan) (sometimes called an ARB) helps to reduce blood pressure and improves blood flow by preventing blood vessels from constricting. Benicar is a medication that is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults and children aged 6 and up. Benicar is frequently prescribed in combination with other blood pressure drugs. Select your dosage below to view available brand and generic Benicar cost and place your order. Save up to 90% by using our Olmesartan coupon.
*Product image is for reference only
Buy Benicar (Olmesartan) Online
Therapeutic Class: Blood Pressure/Heart: Benicar (Olmesartan)
Active Ingredient: The active ingredient present in Benicar is Olmesartan.
Drug Information: Benicar is the trade name for medication, Olmesartan. It is indicated in the treatment of high blood pressure, prevent and treat heart attack (myocardial Infarction) and heart failure; when the heart is unable to pump adequate amount of blood.
How does Benicar work?
Olmesartan works by inhibiting the action of Angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. Thus, it causes the widening of blood vessels and lowering of the blood pressure.
Why Benicar Medication is Prescribed?
Benicar (Olmesartan) helps, either alone or with other medicines, in treating high blood pressure in adults and children. It blocks the action of certain natural substances and allows a smooth blood flow enabling heart to pump better
Directions for use:
The safe starting dose of this medication is one tablet to be taken once a day via oral route. You can take it with or without food. You must always consult a doctor before taking this medication and it must be taken strictly under the guidelines of your concerned physician.
For children, who cannot swallow the tablet, it can be provided in liquid form. The doctor will first start this medicine at a low dose and eventually increase the dose after two weeks.
What to do if you miss a dose of Benicar?
Take the dose you missed as soon as possible. But if it is the time for your next dose, you can leave it off. Never take two doses to make up for a missed one.
What are the common side effects that are associated with Benicar?
Many side effects weaken with time, as your body adapts to the drug you are taking. If they are minor, then you may be able to put up with them to maintain your blood pressure under control. The common side effects which can occur after taking this medication involves:
- Joint stiffness
If these undesirable effects make it difficult for you to continue with your daily life, then your consultant can help.
Drug interaction is a situation in which one drug increases or decreases the activity of another drug when both are administered together. Benicar tablet is known to interact with these drugs:
- Antibiotics: Erythromycin
- Antihistaminic: Cimetidine
- Antiepileptics: Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin
- Azole antifungals: Ketoconazole
- CNS stimulants: Theophylline, Aminophylline
- Alpha 1 blockers
- The use of Benicar is not safe in patients with very low blood pressure or who have experienced shock due to heart illnesses.
- Patients with a history of angina (acute unstable angina) must also not take Olmesartan.
- If you have an allergic reaction to Olmesartan or any other excipients present in the drug, then refrain from the use of this medication.
- Elderly population must also avoid taking Benicar tablet.
- In conditions of pregnancy and lactation, this medicine must not be used.
- Caution should be implemented in patients with history of blood vessel diseases, fast or low heartbeat, recent heart attack, inflammation in the body extremities, and fluid in lungs. It may cause faintness or drowsiness, do not get involved in heavy physical activity while taking this drug.
- Also the use of Benicar is not safe in patients with kidney or liver disorder.
- Store this drug in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Is it safe to buy Benicar from a Online Pharmacy?
If you are looking to buy Benicar or any prescription drugs from an Online Pharmacy in US then you can order from a safe and accredited International pharmacy like MedsEngage, which contracts with Canadian Pharmacy and pharmacy in India. you requires a valid prescription for your prescription drugs.
Benicar Coupons Available?
Take advantage of this Olmesartan Coupon, available only at our Canadian Pharmacy Online! We help lower your Brand Benicar and Generic Benicar price with our helpful Pharmacy coupons. For coupons, please visit our Prescription Coupon page.